Saturday, January 23, 2010

Girl Crush

I was recently watching the movie "Valentino the Last Emperor" when my mom made the comment of seeing the Empress of Persia, Farah Pahlavi. I didn't really believe her at first but after a bit of research I learned that this beautiful Empress is a bit of a fashionista. You can't imagine the joy that filled my heart considering I'm a whole hearted Persian. She seems to attend every Haute Couture show there is and she is friends with every top designer imaginable. I love her because she has so much class and elegance and she truly carries her title well. She is also involved with many charities that allow her to use her title for the good of other.

(Empress Farah in Iran)

(Empress Farah and Her Husband Pahlavi Shah)

(Empress Farah at YSL funeral)

(Empress Farah at the Valentino Haute Couture Show)

(Empress Farah at Bernard Arnault table)

(Empress Farah at Andy Warhol Exhibition)

2 comments:

  1. Farah is really a wonderful person. There is a film made by a Swedish-iranian filmer about her. She and Valentino have been good friends since Valentino started his fashion label in the 60's and Farah was still the empress of Persia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya she really is special. I saw the friendship with Valentino in the movie. If you havent seen it you have to watch it.

    ReplyDelete